I had you at Nutella, didn’t I?
I found this recipe for Nutella cheesecake bars by Kelly of Live Love Pasta. As I didn’t have the appropriate tins to make the bars, so I made cake instead. I want to hug whoever came up with the recipe so Kelly if its you, you’ve have been warned!! Because not only is it does it Nutella the base is made of Oreos!!
This cake is delicious, it’s so good that it has become a family favourite.
Nutella Cheesecake Recipe
2 cups Oreo biscuits
1/2 stick (50g) butter
500g Philadelphia cream of cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1 tin of Nestle Cream (kishta)
2 tbsp whipping cream (1 tbsp to be added to the cream cheese mixture & 1 tbsp add to the Nutella mixture)
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup nutella
- Heat the oven at 180 C
- Next you will need separate the cream from the Oreo biscuits
- Once done you will need to make crumbs for the bas, do so by putting them in a food processor.
- Next melt the butter and add it to the grounded biscuits, mix well.
- Add the biscuit mixture to a buttered cake tin, press well to create an even base.
- Pop it in the oven for 10 mins, once ready take it out leave to cool.
Cheese cake batter
- In a mixing bowl combine: the cream cheese, sugar, eggs, cream aka kishta, 1 trs whipping cream and vanilla.
- Once mixed, pour 2/3 of it on the Oreo base.
- To the remainder of the mixture add the 1/4 cup Nutella + 1 tbsp heavy cream – mix well.
- Pour it over the first layer and spread it so that it covers the whole area.
- Bake it for 30-40 mins
- Allow to cool completely before refrigerating for 3 hours or over night.
This is by the far the best Nutella cheesecake I have tried, but don’t take my word for it.
Try it out and let me know what you think of it.
(Visited 291 times, 1 visits today)